New Year Resolutions!
Happy New Year!
It’s time for resolutions! I usually avoid making a list because the idea of self-proclaimed promises that I ought to stick to for the year can be a bit daunting… but okay, this year, I’m game!
I’m in a bit of a funk over my decision to pass the baton for Dr. Sketchy’s Philly (see post here), so I think a bit of reflection will do me some good right about now. So, here goes! A list of things I’d like to accomplish this year:
- This first one is easy – it’s probably the most popular resolution of all and yes, I’m in the majority. Lose weight! I resolve to get at least 30 minutes of exercise in 3-4 times a week and really watch what I eat (exercise will increase over time).
- Create a line of printed materials that I can package and sell – be it cards, posters, etc. Just something beautiful that I can be proud of.
- Visit an art event at least 1-2 times a month. This is my attempt at getting out more and staying inspired. I’m looking forward to actually attending a Dr. Sketchy’s as a guest! That’ll be fantastic!
- Post to this blog at least once a week. Now that I won’t be directing Dr. Sketchy’s Philly, I am freeing up some time that was absolutely necessary for the success of my business. With that comes time for reflection – exactly what this blog is for (that and other random info of interest)!
- Ride my bike more! I bought a road bike 2 years ago so I could ride with my family. It’s been used twice and has been calling my name. Once Spring rolls around, I have no excuses. Maybe I’ll look for a local bike club for beginners.
- Really make a dent in the wedding planning. The proposal was this past July. Have we started to plan yet? No. Think it’s time to get started with that? Ummm… yeah.
- Design my work space. I’ve had a plan for ages. Time to make it happen.
- Do a bit of traveling. Whether it be by car a few hours away or by plane. I miss traveling… A LOT!
Would like to do, but not absolutely necessary:
- Go to at least one big design conference. I’d love to go to the HOW Conference this year.
- Visit Islands of Adventure in Orlando for the big reveal of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I absolutely can not wait to walk through Hogsmeade and get a Butter Beer. I must make this happen. (Video)
- Take a dance class of some sort. I would love to take a ballroom dancing class — Argentine Tango anyone?
And that’s it for now. Not a huge list, but these are the major items I’d like to accomplish. How about you? What are your resolutions? Do you think you’ll stick with them? Good luck and here’s to a successful 2010!